Are you interested in having an impact on a young man’s life, possibly his professional baseball career?
Are you interested in building a relationship that may last a life time?
Do you love Baseball?
Then you may be perfect as a blue sox host parent/family.
Every year 28 young men move to The Pioneer Valley for the summer to play for the Holyoke Blue Sox. From June to July these young aspiring ballplayers continue to hone their baseball skills playing 42 games in 60 days. Players come from all over the United States to participate in the New England Collegiate Baseball League and to be a part of the Holyoke Blue Sox Baseball Team. For most summer collegiate baseball teams, Host Family programs are a vital part of that team’s success both on and off the field. Having the players become a part of a local family helps these young men have some sense of normalcy in a strange new city. Many of the players become more than a guest, they actually become part of the family.
Experience those memories that last a lifetime!
To become a Host Family…..
- Provide a legal unshared bedroom and bed for player(s) during the baseball season.
- Benefit: Host Family immediate members will receive a season pass allowing them general admission access to ALL regular season games, home and away.
- Photos in-season with you player(s)
- Invitations to ALL Holyoke Blue Sox special events
- Special Discounts on summer clinics and Blue Sox merchandise
- T-Shirt for each immediate family member
- Get in return: Lots of love, smiles and great memories!
Housing Coordinators: LeHouiller Family
Fran, Jackie, Zach, Dean, and J.D.
With the 2010 season, my husband Fran and I assumed the roles of Housing Coordinators for the Holyoke Blue Sox Organization. This is our second year being involved with the Blue Sox and our family has found hosting to be a fun, exciting, and rewarding experience. The atmosphere at McKenzie Stadium is extremely family friendly, our children love being able to join the players on the field after the game, talk with them, and get their autographs! We look forward to another great season of Blue Sox baseball and to growing the Host Family Program.
Become a Host Family Today!
If interested in being a Host Family or for more information contact the Holyoke Blue Sox Host family Coordinator Jackie Lehouillier at (413)250-2971, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org!